A Feminist, Inclusive, Anti-racist, Nonbinary Field Guide for Graphic Designers
Order by December 14 for delivery by December 25
We offer free ground shipping for all orders of $50 or more within the U.S., and a flat ground shipping fee of $5.99 for orders under $50.
Order Total: $0 - $49.99 | Shipping Cost: $5.99
Order Total: $50.00 - and up | Free Shipping
Most orders are processed and ready to be shipped out within 7-10 business days of placing your order. You will receive tracking information once your order has shipped.
We are a U.S. based publisher and only offer shipping within the United States at this time. For international orders outside of the U.S., our books and products can be found online at your favorite major book retailer. Please see our international distributors page for additional information on where you can purchase our books and products locally.
We do not offer returns. Please contact our customer service team at Hello@chroniclebooks.com if there are any issues with your order.
Extra Bold is the inclusive, practical, and informative (design) career guide for everyone!
Part textbook and part comic book, zine, manifesto, survival guide, and self-help manual, Extra Bold is filled with stories and ideas that don't show up in other career books or design overviews.
• Both pragmatic and inquisitive, the book explores power structures in the workplace and how to navigate them.
• Interviews showcase people at different stages of their careers.
• Biographical sketches explore individuals marginalized by sexism, racism, and ableism.
• Practical guides cover everything from starting out, to wage gaps, coming out at work, cover letters, mentoring, and more.
A new take on the design canon.
• Opens with critical essays that rethink design principles and practices through theories of feminism, anti-racism, inclusion, and nonbinary thinking.
• Features interviews, essays, typefaces, and projects from dozens of contributors with a variety of racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, gender identities, and positions of economic and social privilege.
• Adds new voices to the dominant design canon.
Written collaboratively by a diverse team of authors, with original, handcrafted illustrations by Jennifer Tobias that bring warmth, happiness, humor, and narrative depth to the book.Extra Bold is written by Ellen Lupton (Thinking with Type), Farah Kafei, Jennifer Tobias, Josh A. Halstead, Kaleena Sales, Leslie Xia, and Valentina Vergara.
Learn more about Extra Bold!