Seasonal Family Almanac
Recipes, Rituals, and Crafts to Embrace the Magic of the Year
An indispensable guide and hands-on resource for families that want to joyfully build or deepen their connection with nature through a range of recipes for cooking, wellness, personal care, and crafts all year long.
Emma Frisch and Jana Blankenship have a kindred friendship from their shared experiences as mothers, entrepreneurs, and nature lovers. Observing a growing demand from families wanting to reconnect to nature, they created this fun and practical resource.
Seasonal Family Almanac gives families the tools to rediscover the soul-stirring magic that comes from living in tune with the seasons. Organized into twelve chapters and with content from a host of diverse contributors, it includes:
- Over 40 delicious food and beverage recipes from around the world, inspired by the authors' heritage and community, including Soothing White Pine Tea; Lunar New Year Dumplings; and Blueberry Lavender Crisp Bars
- Over 30 personal care and wellness recipes ranging from Violet and Dandelion Face Steam to a complete Newborn Care Kit, Clearing Chest Rub, and Forest Bathing Salts
- 25 crafts and activities including beautiful and easy twisted rope flower crowns, beginner-friendly botanically dyed capes, shadow puppets, and more.
An invaluable resource for essential wisdom and creative inspiration every day of the year.
PRAISE FOR SEASONAL FAMILY ALMANAC...
"What a wonderful introduction to intentional parenting. A beautiful resource for recipes for cooking and personal care as well as outdoor play and activities you can do from the comfort of your backyard or local park. They’ve thought of everything! I know what I’ll be getting new parents at their baby showers from now on."
– Amanda Jane Jones, children’s book author, illustrator, and graphic designer
"Seasonal Family Almanac is STUFFED full of incredible ideas to celebrate the year, the earth, and the love of family. It gets you excited for the next season and makes you feel like you have two new friends, Emma and Jana, that are going to guide you the whole way and make it easy."
– Nikki Dinki, chef, author and TV host